Friday, March 17, 2006


Today's** Five O'Clock O'Rock


It might backfire, but will nevertheless aspire.
“On Fire,” Van Halen
“Sultans Of Swing,” Dire Straits
“The Daze,” Backyard Tire Fire
“Let's Groove,” Earth Wind & Fire
“Desire,” En Vogue
“Vampire,” Black Uhuru
“Yellow Sapphire,” Smoke & Mirrors
# “Light My Fire,” Astrud Gilberto
“Ire,” The Strawberry Smell
“No Cars Go,” Arcade Fire
“The Queen of Ur and the King of Um,” Wire
“Spitfire,” The Spinanes
“Hotwire,” The Flesh Eaters
“Misfire,” Neko Case & Her Boyfriends
“Haywire,” The Jayhawks
“Backfire,” Aimee Mann
“Tonight I Will Retire,” Damien Jurado
“Concrete and Barbed Wire,” Lucinda Williams
“Goodnight Irene,” Bryan Ferry
This Friday's iMix: Ire Land
(# = Even too rocked out for iTunes)

** To be more exact, "Yesterday's." This week's installment was delayed due to conceptual difficulties. I mean, how would YOU spell "My Kind of Lover" musician Billy Sq____? Well, me too, until about 4:55 PM.

No comments: